With summertime in full swing playtime in the sun is all that has been on my mind.
Kite flying is one of my most favorite things to do, so I thought it would be fun to make my own! This is a fun little project that can be enjoyed on a particularly breezy day (or in my case, a day of spins & twirls when there is no wind.)
- 2 small dowels
- Fabric (I used vintage sheets!)
- Electrical tape
- No Sew Glue
- Kite String
- Cut dowels down to 23″ by 30″
- Place the dowels in a cross shape & secure with electrical tape
- Loosely cut fabric out in a diamond shape around the dowels.
- Paint, write & decorate fabric as you please
- Place fabric over dowels & use no sew glue to secure ends while pulling the fabric taut
- Cut a small hole at each corner of the kite. Attach kite string width wise & length wise, joining in the middle.
- Attach flying string to the rest of the joining string.
- Attach (with electrical tape) ribbon to the bottom corner of the kite for the tail & add bows in desired places.
Up, up & away! You’re ready to fly your own one of a kind adorable kite!